Here is a delicious and easy meal to celebrate the Year of the Dog with your pups.
500g fresh boneless salmon fillet
1/2 cup baby oats
1 small carrot
I -2 stalks fresh parsley
Here’s what you do:
- Cut the salmon fillet into chunks. Steam the salmon over rapid boiling water for 10-15 minutes till salmon is cooked.
- Transfer salmon to a mixing bowl and using a fork, break the steamed salmon into smaller pieces.
- Shred or finely grate the carrots
- Finely chop the parsley
- Add carrots, parsley, oats and eggs to the salmon and mix well
- Shape mixture into patties about 1/4 inch thick
- Heat up a non stick frying pan and gently fry the salmon patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Alternatively, bake the patties in an oven at 150 degrees centigrade for 10 minutes, flip the patties over on the other side and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Cool before serving
Note: Never feed your dogs raw salmon as these contain parasites which are harmful to dogs.