Mighty muffins packed with meaty goodness and Omega-3 fatty acids.
300g minced pork
100g fresh salmon or canned salmon
30g pork liver or kidney, finely chopped
1/4 cup kale or baby bok choy
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Here’s how you do it:
- If using fresh salmon, cook the salmon in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Blend or chop the kale or baby bok choy.
- Grate the beetroot.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pork, liver/kidney, salmon, beetroot, kale/bok choy and egg.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cups or a baking tray.
- Bake at 130 degrees for 40 minutes.
**If you do not have an oven, you can steam the muffins for 15-20 minutes till cooked.
- Once cooked, sprinkle some chia seeds on the top of each muffin. Set aside to cool and watch your pup woof it down!
Nutrition tip: Chia seeds are a good source of plant based omega 3 fatty acids and macro and micro nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron and zinc.